Friday, April 22, 2016

Shadows in Summerland

Attending Adrian Young's book launch for Shadows in Summerland was a lot more fun than I anticipated. Not only were there free drinks, but there was food and cookies as well. Outside of that, I was surprised how many people were drawn to such a book launch. I think the book seemed very interesting but it also seemed like a tough read. I was interested by the topic, for a few reasons. I do believe that there are "spirits," not in the sense that there are ghosts, but that there is a struggle between angels and demons. Asking demons to enter someones life through a saiance could be a very dangerous but real activity. I also wonder if living in New Orleans would have persuaded Adrian to write his book taking place in New Orleans. New Orleans seems very in tuned with spirits, voodoo and the 1850-1873 time period. I think it would have made a just as good, if not better seeing for his book. Overall, I had a great time at the book launch.

No comments:

Post a Comment